If you’re looking to learn Hadoop and looking for learning Hadoop Interview Questions and Answers, then Tutorial Chat is the right place!
Hadoop Interview Questions and Answers to Help Job Seekers
Below given are few of the important questions and answers for freshers and job seekers
Question 1: What is the difference between Hadoop and Traditional RDBMS?
|Datatypes||Processes semi-structured and unstructured data.||Processes structured data.|
|Best Fit for Applications||Data discovery and Massive Storage/Processing of Unstructured data.||Best suited for OLTP and complex ACID transactions.|
|Speed||Writes are Fast||Reads are Fast|
Click Here: Difference Between NAS and HDFS
Question 2: What are real-time industry applications of Hadoop?
- Managing traffic on streets.
- Streaming processing.
- Content Management and Archiving Emails.
- Processing Rat Brain Neuronal Signals using a Hadoop Computing Cluster.
- Fraud detection and Prevention.
- Getting access to unstructured data like output from medical devices, doctor’s notes, lab results, imaging reports etc.
Question 3: What do the four V’s of Big Data denote?
Answer: a) Volume –Scale of data
- b) Velocity –Analysis of streaming data
- c) Variety – Different forms of data
- d) Veracity –Uncertainty of data
Question 4: Name some companies that use Hadoop?
Question 5: What all modes Hadoop can be run in?
Hadoop can run in three modes:
- Standalone Mode: Default mode of Hadoop, it uses local file stystem for input and output operations. This mode is mainly used for debugging purpose, and it does not support the use of HDFS. Further, in this mode, there is no custom configuration required for mapred-site.xml, core-site.xml, hdfs-site.xml files. Much faster when compared to other modes.
- Pseudo-Distributed Mode (Single Node Cluster): In this case, you need configuration for all the three files mentioned above. In this case, all daemons are running on one node and thus, both Master and Slave node are the same.
- Fully Distributed Mode (Multiple Cluster Node): This is the production phase of Hadoop (what Hadoop is known for) where data is used and distributed across several nodes on a Hadoop cluster. Separate nodes are allotted as Master and Slave.
Click here to learn more about Hadoop Architecture! Stay tuned with Tutorial Chat and get ahead in your career.
Question 6: What are the most common Input Formats in Hadoop?
There are three most common input formats in Hadoop:
- Text Input Format: Default input format in Hadoop.
- Key Value Input Format: used for plain text files where the files are broken into lines
- Sequence File Input Format: used for reading files in sequence
Subscribe Tutorial Chat and follow us on Twitter and Facebook by clicking the below links:
Also, don’t ever forget to share this post with your friends via WhatsApp groups!